Portland to London in 36hrs

Sunny start in Wareham

Paddling down The Frome

A lonely paddle back into the wind.

This weekend I have been working for Adventure Cafe on a 36hr Portland to London Race. The clients started at 5am in Portland on Saturday morning and ran and cycled their way to Wareham where I met with them and we started the paddle stage along the Rover Frome and into Pool Harbour before disembarking at Lower Hamworthy. Fortunately the tide and wide were behind us and we made excellent time. As the clients headed off on foot, I paddled back against the tide and a head wind to Wareham to get me car before joining them in the New Forest for a run stage. After a nights sleep (for me no them. I rejoined them in Guildford for a run and a couple of cycle stages to the finish. Well done to all of them

Comments