RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased (and a short sail)

Sailing


Minor Problem

 Motoring back in (with half a tiller)

Bit of B&Q 2"x2" as temp measure

For the last 6 days I have been in a classroom (arrrgh) undertaking the RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Course with Plymouth Sailing School. This is an intensive course looking at Buoyage, Lights, Signals, Weather, Pilotage, Passage Planning, Chart Work, Tides, Tidal Streams and any other yachting theory that you could think of. It is fair to say that this much theory in a week was a lot of work and I did want to be elsewhere on a number of occasions but I learnt alot and I am looking forward to doing the Yachtmaster Practical exam in the future.

I then got out this afternoon for less than an hour before I snapped my tiller and had to return to the marina to effect some repairs whilst being watched by some swans.

Comments