Great Scottish Skiing

Well I am back up in Scotland as this time there is snow. Just to provide a balanced post to my last one on Scottish skiing, here are some pics of what it is like on a good day.





It all started with picking up my new lightweight Black Diamond Stigma touring skies from Mountain Sports in Avemore, then I headed up th hill to test them. It was blue skies and top to bottom snow cover making runs of around 3.5km in length with over 500m of height loss. Obviously being touring skis the best way to test them is ........  throw myself down a pisted red run at full chat (hitting 46.6kph at one point) never having used them or the dynafit bindings before. As expected they were a little more skittish than my somewhat heavier Scott Missions but great fun and I will definately enjoy the weight saving once touring. 

Comments