No longer Head of Outdoor Ed


Today was my last day being Head of Outdoor Education at Plymouth College. After over 2 1/2 years in the role, I have come to the conclusion that I was spending too much time managing, marking and paper shuffling rather than actually doing anything outdoors. I have left the department in the capable hands of Olly Rees and Charlie Lindsey. I will be back to work as an occasional instructor/teacher as and when required including activities week and some expeditions over the next few months.

So, I am now back in the game as a freelancer and running Wet and High Adventures. I will be very loosely based in Plymouth so I can continue working on Dartmoor and dive or kayak in the sea. I will be able to spend more time in Scotland over the winter and visit the mountains more often than I have managed recently. Time to play more and work less.


Comments