D of E Coasteering on Mull









This week I have been assessing a DofE Gold Coasteering Expedition around the Ross of Mull organised by Hebridean Pursuits. The two groups of girls from Kent started at Kintra and headed anti clockwise around the coast taking in the island of Erraid on the way. I spent the time paddling round spot checking and enjoying the coast. They had 2 days of nice friendly weather but day 3 was very windy, so windy in fact (about F 6/7)that I was unable to get out round the headland in my kayak to see them so I had to go via the land. A bit of a gale on the third night settled down for day four meaning a great day to finish on. This is the first DofE Coasteering expepdition that I have been involved with and it worked well thanks to the training and support given by Andy and Stevie from Hebridean Pursuits

Comments