Checking out the new Bike







Sunday and Monday were pretty boring apart from picking up my new Mountain Bike from The Bicycle Chain in Bridgwater. They have been my bike supplier since 2010 and when I decided it was time to upgrade they were my first port of call.

The new toy is a Giant Talon 1 and it is a step up from my 4 year old Talon 2.

Today I found the time to get out and play up on The Quantock Hills taking in the trails at Triscombe as well as some more sedate peddling around Crowcombe Park Gate. I didn't think I would notice the bigger wheels (27.5 rather than 26) but I did (in a good way) but I think I may need to adjust my riding style slightly as although they float over roots and stones more smoothly I have noticed a slight tendency for the rear to drift on corners.

I also had my first crash for a very long time so clearly I was trying hard enough today.

Comments