Dartmoor Bouldering
Adam topping out Shark's FinHaving agreed to meet Adam at Chudleigh this afternoon, on arrival it was raining so we diverted to Hound Tor to do some bouldering. Hound Tor was in the sun and there was an abundance of blue sky. We managed a number of Boulder Problems such as Sharks Fin V1 5b, 4c Jugs and Adam onsighted 5c wall. Not having a guide book with us we just continued to play around on some traverses before spinning round to Bonehill Rocks where Adam knew some routes.
At Bonehill I failed miserably on a V1 5c problem on Baby Slab until I ran back to the car, got my other rock boots out and that did the trick, I managed to get up it fairly smoothly after the boot change. We moved on to Warm Up Slab and I did an 4a crack followed by a V1 5c and V0 5b. After that we moved to The Dark Side where I climbed a V0 5a and looked blankly at the wall alongside that alledgedly goes at V8 6c/7a. Adam manged a V1 5b on this wall.
It was a great afternoon and looking forward to doing some proper climbing (with ropes) over the weekend.



Comments