Dorset Climbing
Over the last 2 days Adam and I have been down on The Jurassic Coast trying to get some climbing in.
Day 1 at Portland started badly as Adam forgot his harness and had to run back to the car to get it. Unfortunately on his return I realised I had forgotten my Rock Boots and in the end I spent the afternoon in the sun belaying Adam up a number of Bolted Sport Routes before spending an hour sitting on Chesil Beach.
Day 2 at Swanage started no better as I forgot to pack the Quickdraws so had to run back to the car to get them (spot the re-occurring theme here). We abbed down and dodged the waves to get to the bottom of the routes. We decided to climb Bottomless Buttress at HS 4b. This was a nice route (even though a hold came off in my hand whilst I was leading the first pitch) and we topped out into sunshine whilst watching the Coastguard Helicopter training. We then abbed down to do another route, decided against it and had to jumar back up 40m of rope.




Comments