Mountain Biking, Quantocks

What a wet and wild day it was today. I was working for Bridgwater College and took a group of Outdoor Ed students onto the Quantocks for some off road training. The 10 students and I headed off from Ramscombe uphill to Dead Woman's Ditch where we did some skills training. After that is was all downhill back to the minibus for lunch. Unfortunately two students took a tumble (one was quite impressive and as a result the bikes needed some TLC. I spent the afternoon repairing the damaged bikes whilst the students took themselves off round and easier route on the spare bikes that were conveniently in the trailer. The weather was challenging to say the least with a couple of hail storms hitting us during the afternoon.

We are going to Exmoor tomorrow for Navigation practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills