Navigation in The Black Mountains
Salmon Farm
Tuesday and Today I was on loan from Llandysul Paddlers working with Trinity University College (Camarthan) Outdoor Education Degree Students in The Black Mountain area of South Wales. They were all deposited at various points and navigated themselves into one central camp area.
After all had arrived safely and set up camp we headed out into the darkness to fine tune their navigation skills. The weather was perfect (for teaching anyway) as the mist rolled in, visibility was down to around 10m and to started to rain.
We got back safely to the campsite and all students went to their tents I settled down for a relaxing night in the nearby Bothy (perk of being an instructor). This morning, the stuidents were dispatched to the pick up point via other checkpoints and I was able to get a small amount of walking in whilst moving buses around. It was a good two days work and it would be great to work with them again.
Comments