The Loop, River Dart


Water Levels Up (but not a much as expected)





Today I was out on "The Loop" section of the River Dart as part of my 4 Star White Water Leader Training run by Gene17. This section of the river is continuos Grade 2 with a few rapids at Grade 3. In todays conditions, Triple Falls was running at about 3 +. I was out with Martin and Ben with Ed as our Instructor. The idea was to check out personal paddling skills but also to look at different leadership styles whilst running the river. My style is to "run the river" as quickly and fluently as possible whilst the other two candidates favoured a more "stay and play" approach. Both are valid techniques buit it was good to see other options to what I am normally used to. I aim to use more "stay and play" tomorrow.

I am still getting used to the handling of my new boat and it nearly threw me over a few times but I managed to make the trip without needing to roll or taking a swim.

For current water levels on The Dart see Dartcam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills

Hill and Moorland Leader Training