White Water Training Course Day 2, River Barle


Rob

 
Luc

 
Me


Very large towbacks

On day two of the WW Course, only Luc was able to make it so we challenged him on the Dulverton to Exebridge part of The Barle which was in spate (fast flowing in flood).
Due to this one rapid was unrunable as it had very large towbacks but we had a great time on the others until I realised as I was in a large rapid that I had forgotten to zip up my drysuit and I was filling up with water. This made it very hard to roll back up and was not the most pleasant experience I have had. However I managed to roll and then needed to sort myself out on the bank.

Note to self for next week: DO UP DRYSUIT

Luc passed his 3 Star WW Kayak Award so well done to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills