Ben Nevis
Jonny on the Zig Zags
Jonny on the Trig Point
Jonny relaxing on the descent
Last night Jonny said it would be wrong to come to Scotland and not climb the highest mountain so today I took him up Ben Nevis. Although we considered one of the gullys we finally settled on the Tourist Path and set of for the summit. Unlucky for us we didn't get any views whilst at the top but got a few on the way up and down. Temperature was -6.0 at the summit and
Although we were fully equipped we didn't need crampons and the axe only came out very occasionally. A number of people were on the mountain including the usual under dressed persons slipping about in trainers.
When I asked Jonny to sum up his day he said "My feet hurt". I am hoping for something more profound at a later date
Comments