Ledge Route, Ben Nevis
The start of Ledge Route
Looking along the route
Looking back down
Today I walked up to the North Face on Ben Nevis to have a look at the climbs and decided on what I could do for the next two days once my climbing partner arrives. However as I started up Moonlight Gully II in the first 10m I ended up chest deep in snow! I very quickly changed my plans and headed for Ledge Route II which other than the first few metres up No 5 Gully had less snow on it. Unfortunately the weather had closed in and I did not get much of a look at other routes (neither The Curtain or The Curtain Rail are complete and it will be a while til there are).
On topping out the conditions were harsh with wind, rain and sleet blowing hard and I needed to put goggles on for the descent. Red Burn was deep but seemed stable enough so I walked down the side of it to the Tourist Track.
I think I will be going East to The Cairngorms for the next couple of days.
Comments