CIC Hut Cascades, Ben Nevis


The CIC Cascades

Me on Pitch 1

Geoff on Pitch 2

Looking to the summit of Ben Nevis

Today Geoff and I headed up to the north face of Ben Nevis to climb the CIC Ice Falls. I have been looking at these all season from my lounge window and finally got round to it. We went for a late start and didn't start walking until 11:30am.
We intended to climb both the falls but after doing the first one in two pitches at about IV 4 and abseiling back down, a team had started on  the V 5 next door. As it was now 15:45, we decided not to wait and climbed the same one again but just swapped leads. After two ascents we had both led both pitches.
It was a nice route in a nice setting and I was very warm in minimal clothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills