Cairngorm Sun and Snow

 
Looking along Fiacaill Ridge

  
Me on the Cairngorm Plateau

  
Rescue Helicopter

  
Nick

 
My Shadow

Today Nick and I headed to The Cairngorms to see what we could get up to. As I was driving up the ski road I could see how much snow was on the butresses so we ditched all of our climbing gear and went for a lightweight single axe approach to Fiacaill Ridge I/II before heading ono the plateau and up onto Cairngorm itself.
The SAR helicopter was in the corrie dealing with what appeared to be a serious incident though I did not know what it was. I later heard that a climber had fallen off Fingers Ridge. I hope they make a full recovery.
The weather was absolutely stunning and I think I may have overdosed on Sun. The day ended with Coffee and Cake in the Cainrgomr Mountain Sports Cafe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills