Sun, Sea and Rock in Dorset
Me on The Great Hamburger Disaster
Tim on Rock Lobster
Me on Rock Lobster
Bowleaze Beach
Today Tim and I headed to The Cuttings, Portland for some sport climbing. As an easy access crag it was already busy on our arrival at 10am and the sun was beating down. We managed to tick a number of routes called The Great Hamburger Disaster F4+, Bonsai F3+, Magical Misty Tour F3+, Amazonia F4+, Rock Lobster F4+ and Juggernaut F5 but due to the number of other climbers arriving and other comitments we had to finish up at around 2pm.
During late afternoon and into early evening I conducted a RLSS National Beach Lifeguard Qualification Assessment at Bowleaze Beach, Weymouth. Conditions were great and the sun was shining (although a slight breeze gave the air a chill). This award is for those who wish to work on beaches in the UK. It is more demanding than the Pool Course I was assessing yesterday as it requires a 400m timed swim before you even get into the sea.




Comments