Sun at Swanage

A blue sky sunny day

Will dodging the waves

Looking down on Will

Me on the belay ledge

Me on the belay ledge (close up)

Today I took Will to climb sea cliffs at Swanage. The weather was great and I had even got the tides right (sort of). After abbing down onto a platform at Comorant Ledge that was about 3 inches above the sea and flooded with every other wave, we managed to flake ropes on a convenient ledge in the cave and I set off up Oran (S 4a) out into the heat of the sun. Pitch 1 ended on an amazing ledge that had clearly been used by all the sea birds as a toilet. Once Will had joined me I headed up the second pitch which was just as great and topped out onto a slighlty loose grassy slope.

I am not sure what effect being splashed by the sea and climbing crumbly limestone had on Will but he has asked to return to Dartmoor for more Granite tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Boating

Back on the Beach