Test Driving Sea Kayaks

Boat 1


Rolling Boat 2

Today I had a nice day out testing Sea Kayaks from AS Watersports at Meadfoot Beach in Torbay. I had narrowed the selection down to two models from the same manufacturer. I took them both out, paddled in the waves and rolled the boats repeatedly as well as testing their general paddling ability. Sounds great doesn't it! Well, the first one was too slow when turning and was heavier to roll (though it was the cheaper of the two) and the second one was fantastic in all aspects but was too small for me.
I have gone back to the drawing board and am investigating the availability of a larger version of boat two. I may have to have another day testing boats next week. Hope the weather is as good then as it was today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Boating

Back on the Beach