Glencoe Skiing
Alex and I
Showing off my new Ski Boots
Julie and I
Julie on our Off Piste Adventure
Desperate to try out my new Scarpa Maestrale Ski Boots I joined Alex, Dom and Julie at the Glencoe Ski resort for some sliding action before I head back down to south in the next couple of days. We spent the day sliding around in some very sticky snow on Red, Blue and Green runs on the upper mountain before I suggested we ski back to the bottom station for lunch. This was a very deep, unpisted, sticky powdery affair which I enjoyed immensely but not so sure about the others. After lunch it was back up top for some more sliding before the lifts were turned off. Alex. Dom and Julie took the chair back down but I couldn't resist the idea of a race and shot off down the hill on snow, ice and grass to beat them to the bottom. Maximum vertical descent today from summit to carpark of 760m over 3km.
It was reasonable weather today but was warm and wet in the afternoon meaning the lower run to the carpark was thawing very rapidly.
UPDATE: Alex says he did enjoy the unpisted run to the carpark.
Comments