Back from Borneo

Painting the Ladies Craft Centre

Testing our home made bamboo bench on Bongkud Hill

Amazing lightning storm

I got up to go to the loo and returned to see this where I had been sitting

In the jungle, the mighty jungle

Big bugs everywhere

Testing the table and chairs we made

Another BIG bug

On route to Batu Puteh Jungle Camp

My hammock home

Water Monitor Lizard

 3m Croc just by our camp !!

 Orangutan

A highly technical and advanced snorkling technique

The team out snorkelling

 Amazing sealife


I arrived back from a month in Borneo at Lunchtime today. I have been out there working for Camps International with a group from Kennet School in Thatcham. Over the month we worked on a number of projects from digging a huge pit to site a water tank to making chairs and table for a kindergarten. We went on a 5 day Jungle Trek, planted over 1000 trees and visited the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctury before having a day on the beach in Kota Kinabalu to relax before flying home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills