That was one windy trip
Can I out run this?
Wind picking up, better clip on
Maybe
Getting closer
No, I can't out run the squall
Almost back safely
With force 6 - 7/8 today and moderate seas it would have been very hard work to go into wind. Only one choice, run away with the wind behind me. Coming out of Fowey was challenging straight into wind and taking 3m waves head on. but once I turned east I was making 6 knts on 2/3rds headsail and the ride was not so bad until the squall came in.
And then once safely into the shelter of Plymouth Sound I could relax until I got into the Torpoint wind tunnel where my buoy is. Certainly a challenge getting onto that on my own.
Probably my most challenging solo sail to date. I don't mind rough conditions but another pair of hands would certainly of helped.
So anyone want to come and crew, I am planning on Salcombe, Dartmouth, Brixham over the next few days starting on Weds if weather allows.
Comments