After a day of teaching climbing, I met with Jez for a couple of Slate Routes. I led Equinox VS 4c and seconded Solstice HVS 5a before the sun set and it was time for some grub.
I have been criticised heavily over my usual drab clothing so I have dressed to impress today and I have to admit that Andy Spink is correct and the photos do look better.
Another great day out climbing with Charlie and this time on Ben Nevis. Number 2 Gully Buttress a little bit challenging to find gear and belays but otherwise a nice route at Grade III.
Out at Cannington Activity Centre today working with staff on the newly refurbished High Ropes Course to make sure they are all up to speed with the new elements. We also had a group in on low ropes so I was able to observe some staff delivery in action. Somewhat cold at times but with plenty of coffee breaks a great day all round .
Over the last few weeks I have been away with Caroline Chisholm School in Malawi and Zambia. After what seemed like a very long time on a plane we arrived at Mabuya Camp in Lilonwge for a night before we took the 7 hour road trip north to Nkhata Bay and our base at Butterfly Space . In order to settle in we visited Mzuzu for some shopping in a local market and visited a disabled project nearby. The students quickly adapted to the toilets with no flushes and the random power cuts. For fun we went on a boat trip to include feeding fish eagles, a trip to Kande Beach where some of the boys took a pedalo to the island 800m offshore and as there was not enough room on the small pedalo three of us swam out and back. We then undertook 5 days of volunteer work on a number of projects including renovating 2 classrooms, running a sports day and making peanut butter and IT guides. The next R and R days we had kayaking and snorkelling and 15 st...
Comments