A Ferry good night to you all






OK, I will be honest, I have no idea where I went today.

Last night after I had blogged I was joined in the campsite by a German couple who were also on tour and we had a good chat about our respective routes

With plenty of time to get from Kokkola to Turku for my ferry, I used the "curvy roads" function of my GPS and I was generally heading south. I have made a map on google maps from the places I remember but I certainly wasn't on any big roads. Most of them had 3 or 4 numbers but it took around 8 hrs and covered about 450km.

I went to a place called Nokia just because it was only a small detour and I remember the 5210 fondly (that is a phone not a road number).

Anyway, a quick visit to a bike shop to get a couple or circlips that either I had lost or never had. Awesome, as they didn't charge me anything and then it was onto Turku to wait for the ferry. Great to meet a couple on a Tiger 955i at the ferry ports. I had one of these some time ago (the bright green one Mum).

However, not so great to find that no straps or any method of tying down the bikes is offered on this ferry. Just two red wedges that to be honest look worse than useless. Hmm. Could be interesting dreams I have tonight about dominos.

I am going up on deck to enjoy the view as we leave so I may add some additional pictures later.

Additional Post!




We are steaming through an amazing archipelago in order to get to the open sea. Islands everywhere. Just can't stop running from side to side of the ship to look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Ropes Training and Assessment

Malawi and Zambia Expedition