Into the Arctic Circle









The E6 was not quite as fun as the E39 but still a very good road but I soon left that for Bodo. 320km plus a 4 hour ferry ride to the tail of The Lofoten Islands. (Click here for current location on zoomable map)

One goal achieved and another failed. Today I wanted to cross into the Arctic Circle ie 66'33' and visit the Arctic Circle Raceway. Well I acheived the first but the access road to the latter was closed so that was a no go.

Anyway, not part of my original plan but the reason for the long day yesterday was to allow me to catch the afternoon ferry to Lofoten today.  Interesting times when you have to tell the two bikers beside you to strap their bikes down properly as you don't want to play dominoes (and they are Italian and don't speak English). In the end I did it for them but made them check they were happy (no liability there then). On arrival, all bikes were upright so smiles all round.

So here I am, at the very end of Lofoten having already ticked 2 of my 4 goals and only one remaining which is to reach Nordkapp - and of course to get home safely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills