Rain Mode - Off
Today was a much better day. Of course, learning from yesterday I put a full set of Paclite Goretex on under the bike gear and so therefore it didn't rain very much at all (as it the way) but at least I was dry. I even switched the bike out of Rain Mode and back into normal road settings by lunchtime
I had 2 choices today. My good friend Jonny from Off the Map Travel recommended the grey route and that was my intention but with the forecast being better staying in Norway rather than going up and over into rain I stayed on the coast and other than a few showers had a great day with light winds and dry pants! It was very misty going up and over some of the high points though.
The views today were just stunning and the pictures really don't do them justice. When I found dry roads with bends the smiles were back and yesterday's misery was soon forgotten
I think I am getting the hang of taking pictures on the bike cam now, as long as I am going straight and not banked over into a bend the photos seem ok.
I am currently in a campsite here just south of Alta and I can't believe how far I have come in 10 days and how close to the end goal I am, just the small matter of getting home of course.
Tomorrow looks ok weather wise and therefore I am going to head to Nordkapp and hope the clouds clear enough for some views out to sea.






Comments