Reindeer and Roadworks







Reindeer and Roadworks were the them for today. 550km done today. 100 odd km in Norway and then another 450 km in Finland. Don't worry, I haven't got pictures of roadwork's!

As soon as I was over the border, the speed limit went upto 100kph which helped cover some ground. A lot more trees than Norway but fewer nice stopping places. Loads of Reindeer about today and although the Moose signs were about, I didn't see a single one. I spent most of the day cruising through Lapland and didn't see Santa either so he must have been in a factory making some toys.

I got somewhat confused as to the difference between google maps and what my GPS was saying about travelling time but this was easily sorted as once I was over the border, none of my clocks matched and I realised there was a 1 hr time difference. Once this was changed on my bike everything match up again.

I am no longer in the Arctic Circle as I am here in Tornio but it is still chilly and I am still wearing thermals. I am expecting this to change as I head down the west coast of Finland tomorrow.

The plan I decided on last night was to travel down to Turku and catch the overnight ferry to Stockholm (which gives me a bed and a rest from riding for a bit) and then continue down through Sweden, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills