The Tiger: The tale of three Countries




A slightly damp and overcast start in The Netherlands saw me munching a quick breakfast bar before hitting the road. 440km later, in Germany I was having lunch (and filling up for the second time). Another 320km I arrives in Kolding in Denmark where I have pitched at a campsite and will be cooking dinner shortly. Not the most interesting of days as this was just about getting North so I can make the ferry tomorrow so it was motorway all of the way. There is very little difference between driving in The Netherlands and Germany (in fact, I have no idea when I crossed the border but a some point I realised the signs had changed). Germany to Denmark was a little different with a bored chap in uniform waving cars though a chicane. I didn't see anyone get stopped though.

Although I am heading North, it has got warmer and warmer all day and is a very pleasant evening here in Denmark.

One of my longest journeys on the bike for this whole trip (in distance) of 760 km but in a reasonable time of 8hrs including stopping for fuel and breaks. 

Today's Lesson - Set your clocks and Sat nav into km. Although the numbers are higher, they count down quicker and make it look like you are making better progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills