Sweet Lamb Weekend
I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while. On Friday I rode up to mid wales for a weekend of Big Bike Off Road fun at Sweet Lamb Adventure Bike Academy. A wet ride up got me there around 8pm on Friday night where I met the other 7 people on the course.
On Saturday we headed out into the cold for lots of skills training, the instructors Mark, Ben and Pat put us through our paces for the day and had us riding in much more relaxed and controlled style than when we started. We covered around 80km that day but with lots of laps of the same ground so we could improve our style each time. Although I was on TKC70's and everyone else was on proper knobbly tyres, I was still in full control until some wet grass and deep mud/gravel where I let the bike lie down for a short rest on 2 occasions.
The format of the day was great (with lots of coffee breaks to warm up) and loads of confidence inspiring skills were taught to us.
Sadly this morning, we woke up to a lot of snow and Mark, the lead instructor made the very sensible decision to abort. A few of us are in a hotel in Llanidloes waiting for tomorrow to make the journey home after Mark and his team kindly transported us and our bikes there in their vans. The icicles dripping from my bike will soon be sorted by the heated seat tomorrow.








Comments