A Bug's Life (ended today)
I was cold last night in my flimsy little summer sleeping bag, I was cold when I got out of the tent at 7am and then the bike told me it was only 9 degrees. Coming to the mountains for cooler morning rides was my plan but this was a little too cool. Heated grips and seat used in Spain, in July!! All turned off by 8:30 though as it was already over 20 degrees by then and topped out at 33 degrees around 1pm.
The route was over another couple of mountain passes at 1600m and 1659m as I made my way from being inland back towards the coast to set myself up for my final goal of the trip tomorrow. I passed lots of different rock formations today as well as using a section of dead straight road that was 16km long. Perhaps that is all the straight bits from the roads I have ridden over the last few days.
Just over 500km done today (no motorways) in around 7 hours saw me arrive here at my campsite mid afternoon in time to jump in the pool and then hide in the shade to write the blog. The beach is around 2km away so I may wander down later if it cools down a bit.




Comments