Made it to Spain





Made it to Spain after a few hours of French driving and a quick boulangerie stop for a mid morning snack. I actually missed the sign saying "Welcome to Spain" (maybe there wasn't one) but once I had cleared the first Spanish town, it was onto a mix of fast single carriage roads and then onto the 634 coast road and what a road that was.

It hugged the coast and the view from the cliff tops were amazing. There is defiantly a chance I will come back and ride that road again or even if I have time at the end of this trip going  back to Santander.

Only about 5 1/2 hrs and 260km today as I was looking to have a relaxing afternoon so I arrived in good time and headed down to the beach for a few hours to have a nice relaxing swim and a chill out before returning to the campsite for some grub. This is where I am tonight.

Think I am going to break my "no motorway" rule again tomorrow and use one to bypass Bilbao and Santander as I really don't fancy passing through those in Monday morning rush hour. It gets very hot on the bike when not moving fast enough to create any air flow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills