Moons, Mountains and Plains








I stayed up late (for me) last night and saw the Blood Moon at around 11pm with a very bright Mars just below it though my picture does not do it justice.

Today was an up and down kind of day. After leaving the campsite at 7:30 it was bend, followed by bend heading up and up into The Sierra Nevada mountains until I went through the Puerto de la Ragua pass at 2000m (where it was a lovely 16 degrees) before descending to some of the flattest land I have ever seen.

As I was riding through these plains, I have expected to see a herd of buffalo or a elephants wander by. I recall being told "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" but there was no rain falling today and it was up to 33 degrees again by midday.

I made it into the campsite here by 2pm so that I could pitch up and hide in the shade for the afternoon. 6 1/2 hrs and only about 360km done today due to the nature of the very windy road

I think I will try and be away earlier tomorrow if possible so I can remain cool for longer, however there is a balance as early starts riding East means riding direct into a very low sun which has it own problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills