Mountains and coast
What a day! I left the hotel around 10am and completed a full lap of Gibraltar, it was already getting hot. I used the motorway to get round the Monstropolis (Monstrosity + Metropolis) that is Malaga and then selected "avoid motorways" and followed the smaller roads. The route above is approx. but I was on the N340 hugging the coast rather than the A7 which this is showing.
I have been up and over numerous mountain passes, had bend after bend after bend, hit 36 degrees at one point before returning to the coast for a sea breeze and a much cooler 27 degrees, before heading high again to my planed night here at Trevelez in the heart of the Sierra Nevada. The last 20km to get here was just the icing on the cake with awesome views and great biking roads.
The art to motorcycle touring is staying hydrated and synchronising ones bladder with the fuel tank on the bike. Today I award myself 1/10 as following my run this morning I over hydrated and had to have a few stops and then get properly dehydrated this afternoon so couldn't go when I filled up with fuel. I will try harder tomorrow.
Rumour has it that the temp will be sub 20 degrees here tonight and that there will be an awesome Blood Moon which as there is virtually no light pollution then hopefully will give some great photos for tomorrows blog.




Comments