Portugal, you have great roads too!






With my sat nav just set in the general direction of Lisbon and motorways turned off I set off from the campsite this morning open minded about where I was going.

The start to the day was great, a bit of cloud cover kept the temps under 20 and then up and over some Spanish and then Portuguese mountain passes when I was actually in the cloud, which kept me cool until about 10:30 (or so I thought). I realised pretty quickly that once I had entered Portugal the clocks went back an hour so it was 09:30 and therefore very hot or that time of the morning.

The sign in second photo down (you may have to zoom in) was a little confusing but I just kept going.

Anyway, the day went on, the bends through the vineyards went on for smiles and smiles (yes I know it is kilometres but the joke won't work then) For the best part of two hours nothing was straight and I actually wanted a short bit of no bends to get into 4th gear and to relax but no, the hairpins kept coming.

The last hour or so was on a faster trunk road so although not short on curves, there were far fewer hairpins and more open corners to keep the power on and the km rolled by.

So this is where I ended up A great little off the beaten track campsite which although not by the sea or a river, does have its own pool so I still got and end of day dip (albeit a little chlorinated).

I forgot a few things yesterday so have been back and added them to the blog if you fancy checking back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills