Wet in Wicklow, Windy in Wexford and Cr*p in Cork
Yesterday I rode up the edge of Wales via Hereford and Wrexham to the Liverpool P&O Ferry Terminal for the night crossing to Dublin.
After a 4am wake up, I was first off the ferry at 5am and rolling in Dublin. A bit of fun in the multiple one way systems and then I got onto the R115 into the Wicklow Mountains. Such as shame I couldn't see much (Picture 1 and 2). Never mind, I thought I will head to the coast but I then got a battering from the wind as I went past Wexford.
Breakfast on The Strand at Rosslare cheered me up before heading to my lunch stop at Clonea (Picture 3) where it actually stopped raining long enough for me to eat outside. To be perfectly honest, that wasn't a choice, they weren't any inside tables.
Another 90 mins of wind and rain and I made it to my campsite here near to Cork where I am currently hiding in my tent debating weather to walk to the showers or just stand outside for the same result.
The sat nav went mad in the last few km and took me down the lane in Pic 4. Glad I had some semi off road tyres on as that grass was very slippery
So Ireland, whilst your roads are nice, your weather so far has not been great. Any day on a bike is a good day though so not all bad.




Comments