Wild Atlantic Way






This is why I came here, to ride the Wild Atlantic Way - you just take the road closest to the coast

After yesterday's poor weather I was hoping for something a little drier and that is what I got. After a quick blast down to Schull to meet a friend (who is also in Ireland on holiday) for a coffee, I found the blue and white signs for the WAW. Basically you turn the sat nav off and follow the signs (marked N or S). I am heading North.

I went out to Mizen Head, Irelands most Southerly point (by road) and then round to The Sheep's Head which is another headland for lunch. I am now here at Eagle Point for the night.

I have finally cracked the formula for the time it takes to ride the WAW. It is as follows:

Sat Nav time x 2.5 - 10%. You add the 10% back on if you want to stop and take pictures and then add another 15% if you get stuck behind an elderly driver. On top of this you need to factor in time for coffee and cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills