Wild Atlantic Way






This is why I came here, to ride the Wild Atlantic Way - you just take the road closest to the coast

After yesterday's poor weather I was hoping for something a little drier and that is what I got. After a quick blast down to Schull to meet a friend (who is also in Ireland on holiday) for a coffee, I found the blue and white signs for the WAW. Basically you turn the sat nav off and follow the signs (marked N or S). I am heading North.

I went out to Mizen Head, Irelands most Southerly point (by road) and then round to The Sheep's Head which is another headland for lunch. I am now here at Eagle Point for the night.

I have finally cracked the formula for the time it takes to ride the WAW. It is as follows:

Sat Nav time x 2.5 - 10%. You add the 10% back on if you want to stop and take pictures and then add another 15% if you get stuck behind an elderly driver. On top of this you need to factor in time for coffee and cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Ropes Training and Assessment

Malawi and Zambia Expedition