Windy Atlantic Way
A wet and windy start turned into a drier finish. Before the mist really came in I saw a few sea stacks but for some of the ride, I couldn't even see the road properly let alone the sea. Strong side gusts left over from yesterdays storm gave me a bit of a battering during the morning before my first stop.
Breakfast was had in 3 countries (well not quite). I was at Spanish Point, in Ireland with Africa playing on the radio. Spanish Point (Picture 3) is so called due to the wrecks off its coast from the Armada fleet. You will be relieved to know that not all the sailors drowned and they were helped ashore by the Irish and then executed!
After an hour or so in the cafe, the weather brightened a little so it was back on the bike and continued following my friend the WAW (N). A detour out to the dead end road at Tawin and then into Galway. I didn't really want this to be the end point in the middle of the city so I road out to Spiddal before returning to my B & B here. I was going to camp again but all a bit wet and I have to work tomorrow afternoon in Dublin, so need to look presentable.
And so endeth my relationship with the Wild Atlantic Way, I may or may not blog tomorrow depends on what I see as the words of my host tonight was "middle Ireland has nothing of interest, just get on the motorway and get it over and done with"




Comments