Beinn a Chaorainn East Ridge





A quick* solo of the East Ridge of Beinn a Chaorainn always gives a good day out. The last time I did this I was on skis and it was much whiter today so I wish I had brought them with me.  Big thanks to the teams from Outward Bound (including a friend, Beth) who put a track into the the bottom of the steep part.

As they were getting the ropes out, I pushed on up, wading through the deep snow until I decided to stop and put my crampons on. This was timed perfectly as 2 other people caught up as I was "tactically faffing"and they went on ahead ploughing the trail for me. Unfortunately they turned right at the top and I was going left. This meant some more deep wading across the plateau in near whiteout conditions until I dropped down to the tree line and made good time back to the van.

Lets hope this snow consolidates and hangs around for the rest of the winter now

*not as quick as expected due to the wading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Boating

Back on the Beach