Isle of Wight Randonnee





A bit of two wheeled fun today (and pain tomorrow) on the Isle of Wight Randonnee with Crys. 100km with 1500m of ascent gave me a good lesson in life. Namely that I should have trained for it. General fitness and sheer will power got me through it but it would have been so much less painful with a little bit of training. I am struggling to sit down right now and if I do, I am not sure I will be able to get back up.

This was a well organised event and most definitely not a race. A number of checkpoints all with cakes available made it a nice social day but the hill from Compton to Freshwater after 90km in the saddle was brutal and no amount of cake could make that any better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills