Hot in Hungary








Long day in the saddle today though only 450km but all on back road. Some amazing Austrian valleys and passes to start the day in a more than ameniable 16 to 18 degrees.  After a morning coffee just before Hungary once over the border the heat started cranking up to around 33 degrees.

A visit to Decathlon and a new sleeping mat means I should finally get a good night's sleep tonight.

The problem with these frictionless borders if you forget that not all countries take Euros. My first fuel bill of 5764 f made me panic as I had no idea what that was. I
now know about £16 so cheapest fuel so far.

Thought I had better get some money so stopped to change €20 into local stuff at a exchange place only to arrive at the campsite being run by a Dutch guy who charges in Euros. Don't want to get stuck with it so will have to fill up using cash tomorrow.

Campsite tonight is pretty cheap aswell. I like Hungary so far.

Tomorrow is probably going to be a jaunt into Serbia as it is easier to go now than after I have been to Kosovo according to the FCO. This means I may fo off grid as my Vodafone Europe Roam free does not apply there. Of course, if I find wifi I can blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Boating

Back on the Beach