North Macedonia and Greece










What a difference a day makes! (And 2 countries and 400 odd km)

Couldn't wait to leave a wet and miserable Bulgaria this morning with a 6am start and a 3 hour drive to the North Macedonian border. 

By rights this should have taken far longer than 20mins  but it was this easy.

Show Passport and V5 to get out of Bulgaria
Show Passport and V5 to get into Macedonia. As I didn't have a green card for insurance I had to walk 50m to a booth, pay €50 for a month and then walk back to show the guard and collect my passport. Super easy. Hope the other countries I don't have insurance for are this easy though I suspect that may not be the case.

The mountain roads in Macedonia were quiet and although not the best tarmac, the views more than made up for it. Lots of storks on lampposts, it was the same in Romania and Bulgaria.

A very nice chap with excellent English working in the petrol station told me about the 2 lakes which were the best part of the country. Unable to visit them today, I will pop back into Macedonia tomorrow on my way to Albania.

Easy crossing into Greece and then I am here at my campsite by the Aegean Sea. And just been for a swim.

3840km covered so far since I left home.

I have no roaming agreement for the next few countries so blogs will be wifi dependent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills