Intense Italy Inferno
A 5.30am start got me through the Soca valley, over the pass at 1600m (road 206 - not for people who can't do corners) and into Italy before the heat started to crank up.
After breakfast however it just became hotter and hotter. I went up and over another couple of passes and on dropping down into a town had to do some stop/start riding. With no airflow I actually began to feel sick and the bike was showing 41 degrees.
I pulled over and sat in a cafe for over an hour trying to psyche myself up for the last 40 to 50 mins to the campsite.
On arrival at the campsite I wasn't exactly made to feel welcome as she didn't want to sell me just one night. Well the storm was coming, the rain was starting and I had no intention of moving on so after a tense stand off she relented and I have a space. Pretty crap and over priced but at least off the bike before the storm.
Tent pitched, showered and just got inside before the thunder started. Today's game of "Thunderstorm Chess" turned into "Thunderstorm Chicken" in the last 20mins or so but I stood my ground and got there first.








Comments