South East Europe Motorcycle Tour Statistics






After and early start to catch the 7:45 ferry from Calais to Dover I was home by 1pm. The bike and all my clothes have been washed and sorted ready for my next adventure

Some trip statistics

4757 miles / 7655 kilometres - The original estimate for the trip was 8000km so not far off
99 hrs and 59 mins riding - Should have one round the block to get the perfect score
56.3 mpg / 20km per litre - Best I have ever had must be the tyres
Average Speed = 37.5mph / 60.3 kph5 mph - There were some very slow roads at times

All the countries with stars are new ones I had not been to before. I have recommended a location/road for some of the countries

France
Belgium
Luxembourg
Germany
Austria
Hungary *
Serbia *
Romainia
* - 67C (Transalpina)
Bulgaria *
North Macedonia * 
Greece
North Macedonia
Road between the two lakes and CampRino
Albania * = SH23 - This is not to be taken lightly
Kosovo *
Montenegro *
- Durmitor National Park
Bosnia * - 
Croatia * - Coast Road
Slovenia * - Soca Valley up the 40 plus Hairpins
Italy - Stelvio Pass
Liechtenstein * - Road up to Malbun
Switzerland - Gotthard Pass
Germany
France


The stickers are all on the panniers but there is one flag stuck on in error for a country I have not yet been to, I have withheld one I have been to until the next trip and then it will sort itself out. Anyone want to have a go at naming all the flags in order?

The tyres I was using are Avon Trail Riders and they look barely run in. I have never had a set last beyond 7000 miles and these look like they will go far beyond that. The were great in all conditions wet, dry and on loose gravel and I may have found my summer tyre of choice. I am so impressed and expectant of longevity they will stay on for my next long tour in a month or so time. (They are not cuts in the tyre, they are sipes to help it warm up).

The next motorcycle trip starts on 22nd Aug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Ropes Training and Assessment

Malawi and Zambia Expedition