Back on my Bike in Belgium
Another European bike adventure started today. I am aiming to fill in the gap on my pannier with all the flag stickers of the European countries I have not yet been to.
I am currently near Ghent in Belgium having covered over 500km from home. The time in the saddle was interspersed with the "club lounge" on the ferry. £12 upgrade fee for quiet lounge with comfy sofas, no screaming kids and complimentary coffee/biscuits. Well that was a no brainer.
Off the ferry, switch GPS into kilometres and "no motorways" and it was straight into French countryside towards Dunkerque. At some point along the route I passed into Belgium but the problem with "frictionless borders" is I often don't know what country I am.
Anyway, I am now chilling here at a nice little (and cheapish) campsite looking at my options for tomorrow, I have to get across Germany (or at least most of it) tomorrow to fit in with my master plan - I will be honest, the first time I added up the miles properly was on the ferry so now thinking it is a bit of a mission.



Comments