Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany and Graham the Grasshopper





I don't normally carry passengers but today, when I stopped for breakfast in Belgium I noticed a grasshopper was on board. I tried to remove him but he dropped into a gap in the fairing. So off we went through The Netherlands and he re-appeared as we entered Germany. By now we were on first name terms and I called him Graham. Unfortunately Graham made a very poor decision as we were on a derestricted part of the German Autobahn. His obituary is at the bottom of this thread.

Nearly 900km through Germany (700km motorway and 180 km b roads) today to put me here close to the Polish border for the real adventure to start. The first of some new countries and defo no trunk roads for a while. The sat nav took my down some interesting b roads though. I have seen better surfaces.

It was very hot today with temps around 32 so it was visor up, screen down and jacket half unzipped just to survive. The next few countries have much cooler forecasts so it is heading North and East for the next 3 days.

Ode to Graham:
Graham the grasshopper so small and green,
seemed happy behind the Tiger's screen,
he decided that he would prefer a car,
I thought, no way could he jump that far,
his big back legs gave a mighty push
and he impacted the windscreen in a pile of mush
the wipers came on and smeared his head
all over the glass, I am sure he is dead

Ok, so not really sure what happened once he took off but I think the last 4 lines are a reasonable guess.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Ropes Training and Assessment

Malawi and Zambia Expedition