Environmentally Friendly in Estonia





Having left Lithuania early this morning, I passed through Lativia and into Estonia. I didn't follow my arbitrary rules (stopping for a meal or camping) so can't count Latvia today but don't worry, I will be back in Latvia tomorrow to make it count. I did however manage to drive through the outskirts of Riga, Latvia's capital due to a mis programming of the GPS!

Again, I was generally following the coast and got a few views today. The roads are much better here with fast A roads with some sweeping bends. Only 2 rail crossings today as well so a much more flowing ride.

My finish for the day was here in Parnu at around 2pm as I needed a supermarket to restock on food and get a few other bits and bobs.

The first campsite I tried was in someone's back garden and a note which said, "pitch your tent, we will collect 8 euros later". I looked around but it was a bit crap really so moved on another 15 km to Solar Camping which is a whole site powered by (no surprise here) massive solar panels and at only 10 euros was well worth the extra.

I have been travelling North East since leaving the UK and tomorrow I will change direction and although still East, it will be South East for a change.

Today is the first time I tried to lug my laptop in only to find that I have brought an American plug convertor (left in my bag from Ecuador) rather than a European one. Might be back at the shop tomorrow to find a European USB plug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Mountaineering Skills