Inland Poland is better than the coast





Today I left the coast and headed inland towards some of Poland's Lakes. A quick stop at Deccathlon to get some swim shorts and the punishment for this was having to ride through the centre of Gdansk which is a pretty major city.

Once I got out of there, it was back on a mix of fast A roads and narrow incomplete country roads. One road just stopped in a pile of dirt blocking the way but fortunately it was ony a couple of km back to another route. There were some good biking roads but they were short lived and as a rule, I am not impressed with northern Poland's roads.

I travelled through lots of villages today and saw the same stork nests that I saw in Hungary although no storks were in them when I rode past. Still hot today and hoping that turning North tomorrow will bring some cooler temperatures. If not, early starts and hiding in the shade are the plans.

After around 450km of riding, the last few kilometres of the day were along some sand tracks to my campsite here at Paradise Beach. That focused the mind abit as a fully laden bike in soft sand tends to move around a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Ropes Training and Assessment

Malawi and Zambia Expedition