Poland's Coastal Road ........
From the campsite in Germany I headed north straight to the coast and then turned east and crossed into Poland by land. A ferry was required to get across a river. A free ferry at that!
My plan to have a breeze and keep cool also failed with temps low to mid thirties again. Those trees and camps stop any wind making it to the road. This may sound very negative but it was also 9 hrs of riding and exploring a new country so still fun in its own way.
On the positive side, the roads have more corners than northern Germany and the prices are low (and I mean super low). Yesterday's camping was 11 Euro. Today's campsite here was 20 zloty (4.5 euro) so thought I would have dinner and coffee as well to make it 37 (8.45 euro). My lunch (2 drinks, a kit kat and a peach) was only 9 zloty (2 euro).
I have a nominal budget of 20 euro peer day to eat and camp so a real winner. Going to keep munching my way through Poland tomorrow and hope the next few countries are similar. That way the pasta can stay in the pannier.
More of Poland to explore tomorrow including a Polish Decathlon (I always forget something and this time it was my swim shorts) on my way to the Lithuanian border. Not sure whether I will camp in Poland or Lithuania tomorrow, I will just see how it goes.



Comments